Congratulations! You've now implemented user authentication. Hopefully that was quite easy!
However, we barely scratched the surface. There are a lot more things we can do with Angular and Auth0 token based authentication. Here are some examples:
- Protect an API with access tokens
- Prevent users from accessing certain routes in the app if they are not authenticated
- Assign user roles, such as
editor, etc. and give them different permissions in the app
- Silently renew authentication if the user's session expires while they are still actively using the app
- Enable passwordless authentication, allowing users to sign on using an email link, SMS, fingerprint, etc.
- Enable Single Sign-On, allowing users to sign into multiple apps with one login
- And more!
Resources to Learn More
If you'd like to learn more about JWTs and authentication in Angular apps, here are some additional resources to check out:
- Token Based Authentication Made Easy
- Introduction to JSON Web Tokens
- Real-World Angular Series (build, authenticate, and deploy a real-world MEAN stack app in an 8 part tutorial)
- Auth0 Angular Quick Start
- Auth0 Blog
Get in Touch
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, I'd love to talk! You can get in touch with me here: